Sunday, March 31, 2013

Chili's @ Resorts World

I have been to Resorts World a few times and came across Chili's, but never had a chance to eat there until last night. I spent a day exploring fish in Sentosa so decided to eat at Chili's as I was so hungry after my adventures.
 
Chili's looks like any typical American diner. Ambience wise, it is not as cosy as TGI Friday's. The interior decoration is structured like a 50's malt shop. Food wise, there is not much variety too, save for the typica burgers and fries, steaks, and appetisers. The signature appetiser is chilli, of course!





 Interior decoration of the restaurant
 

 
After perusing the menu, I decided to order a New York striploin steak, medium, with two sides of mashed potato with black pepper gravy and seasonal vegetables. The order came pretty fast, but they got my sides wrong - serving me fries instead of mashed potato. I requested to change and the waiter promptly changed it for me. All steak orders come with a piece of garlic toast.

My order of New York striploin, with mashed potato with black pepper gravy, garlic toast and seasonal vegetables
 
The steak is quite chewy for medium. The potato is fine, but the vegetables taste as if they have been boiled for too long, as they seem so soft. Furthermore, the steak is not as big a piece as I expected.
 
Overall, it was a decent meal, although I think for the quality of the food, it is a tad overpriced. I much prefer TGI Friday's, for the ambience and food!
 
Food : 2.5 out of 5
Price : 2 out of 5
Ambience : 3 out of 5
Service : 4 out of 5

No comments:

Rabbit Brand Seafood @ Lucky Plaza

I had dinner with a friend at Rabbit Brand Seafood tonight. It is a little eatery situated at the second floor of Lucky Plaza, up the esca...